Helium resource is finite and decreasing rapidly now days. Helium users face periodic helium shortages as well as high and continuously increasing helium prices. Liquid helium free cryogenic systems, such as dry DR, ADR, SC magnet and STM, etc., become more and more popular. This talk will introduce key technologies for helium free cryogenic systems, which includes:
1. Background: helium resource and cryogenic systems using 4K cryocoolers to replace LHe.
2. Working principle of GM and pulse tube cryocoolers.
3. GM and pulse tube cryocoolers operating below 4K.
4. Enable technologies for cryocooler integration: Vibration and vibration damping; temperature oscillation and temperature damping, magnetic distortion and free intermediate precooling at 4-20K.
5. Example of some helium free applications in the low temperature range of 0.001K to 4K.
Speaker: Dr. Chao WANG
Dr. Wang received his Ph.D. degree from Xian’An Jiaotong University in 1993. Between 1993 and 1996, he was a post-doctoral researcher and later became an associate professor at Cryogenic Lab, CAS. He then received an A.v. Humboldt research fellowship for study at the University of Giessen, Germany. Since 1998, he has been employed as Director of R&D and Chief Scientist at Cryomech, Inc. He is currently a board director of Cryomech, Inc. He was elected as a Board of Director of International Cryocooler Conference and honored as Guest Professor of Shanghai Jiaotong University. He developed and commercialized the world’s first 4 K pulse tube cryocoolers as well as some pioneering cryogenic systems, which have been widely used in many labs around world.
邀请人：郇 庆 联系电话：82649096